Herbs & Homeopathy
- Linus Pauling Therapy
- Local stores
- Roy's Nutrition, Dallas -- 214-987-0213
- Vitamin Shoppe, Plano -- 972-250-2365
- Whole Foods, Plano -- 972-612-6729
- Abram's Royal Pharmacy, Plano -- 972-599-7700
- Herb Interactions
- Agricus Blazei mushroom (fights cancer)
- Adiponectin (promotes normal blood sugar)
Aloe Vera @ aboutalovera.wordpress.com (01/09)
Aloe Vera @ aloelife.com (01/09)
- The treatment group received 15 milliliters of aloe vera twice daily for 42 days. After
treatment with Aloe Vera the blood sugar in the treatment group had been reduced 43%,
blood triglycerides were reduced by 44% and there was no change in cholesterol. No adverse
side effects were reported due to the consumption of the Aloe Vera and there was no difference
in weight or appetite in the treatment group.
- A second study was conducted at the same institution with the treatment of Aloe Vera given
to patients who were not responding to glibenclamide an antidiabetic medication used to lower
blood sugar levels. Results were a 48% reduction in blood sugar levels and a 52% reduction in
triglycerides and no change in cholesterol.
- In a third study of 3,167 diabetic patients, 94% of them saw their blood sugar levels return
Aloe Vera and Diabetes @ naturecity.com (01/09)
Aloe Vera @ the naturedoctor (01/09)
- All Aloe Vera products available on the health food shelves are not equal in quality.
- To obtain the highest quality products, be sure the aloe your purchase has Certification and Seals
from the INTERNATIONAL ALOE SCIENCE COUNCIL (IASC). It should also have
CERTIFIED PLUS AND ACTIVE ALOE SEALS of Certifications.
- Aloe latex is a harsh stimulant laxative that has FDA approval for OTC use as a laxative ingredient.
- Sources of Aloe Vera
- Cow's Foot
Pata de Vaca @ rain-tree.com (01/09)
- Lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Cleanses the blood and increases urination
- Expels worms, kills snails, and tones the body systems
- It is called the "vegetable insulin"
- Alleviates other symptoms of diabetes (polyuria, kidney disorders, and urinary problems)
- Chemical extracted from the leaves (kaempferitrin) significantly lowered blood sugar in
Patent for a pill which contains Cow's Foot and Syzygium Cumini (01/09)
- Pedra Hume Caa (Myrcia Salicifolia)
Top of Page
Milk Thistle May Help Treat Diabetes @ diabetes.webmd.com (01/09)
- Side effects may include indigestion, headache and itching
- Rarely, milk thistle may result in heartburn, gas, diarrhea, joint pain and sexual dysfunction
- Milk Thistle can cause a laxative effect, upset stomach, diarrhea, bloating, and allergic reactions
Milk Thistle Extract Helps Manage Blood Sugar in Diabetics (01/09)
- In type 2 diabetics, the average fasting blood glucose level fell 15%
- Ask for Milk Thistle that has been extracted with ethanol and water only
Top of Page
Top of Page
Top of Page
Diabetes and Herbal Remedies @ diabetes.co.uk (01/09)
Dietary Supplements for Diabetes @ uspharmacist.com (01/09)
- Coccinia Indica (Ivy Gourd)
- Ficus carica (fig leaf) has shown both short-term and longer-term hypoglycemic effects
- Gymnema Sylvestre (Gurmar) is called the "destroyer of sugar"
- Magnesium may help insulin resistance
- Momordica Charantia (Bitter Melon) has very limited data to suggest a potential
use in diabetes
- Ocimum sanctum (holy basil) showed positive effects on both fasting and postprandial
glucise in patients with Type 2 Diabetes who used a preparation of fresh leaf powder mixed
in water for four weeks.
- Opuntia Streptacantha (Nopal or Prickly Pear Cactus) have shown decreased fasting
glucose and insulin levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Silibum marianum (Milk Thistle) showed significant improvement in glucose control in
patients taking 600 mg/day for 12 months.
- Trigonella foenum (Fenugreek) have shown benefits in glycemic control
Natural Products Used for Diabetes (01/09)
Blood Sugar Formula (list of ingredients) (01/09)
Cinnamon and Diabetes (11/08)
Fenugreek @ wikipedia.org (11/08)
- Fish oil improves insulin sensitivity, reduces blood fats and reduces cholesterol in most people.
It would be a great all natural alternative to drugs especially when combined with a decent exercise
program. (Dr. Dave)
Nutritional Protocol for Diabetes mellitus @ drhoffman.com (11/08)
Top of Page
Cholesterol Care (12/08)
- Beta-sitosterol, 300mg
- Guggul lipid, 1000mg
- Policosanol, 3mg
- Red Rice Extract, 700mg
- Niacin, 20mg
- Beta Glucan, 50mg
- Soy Isoflavones, 30mg
Cholesterol Bomb by Dr. Dave (12/08)
- Niacin (as no-flush niacin) 1,500 mg
- Plant Sterols 1,500 mg
- Artichoke Extract (as cynara scolymus) 900 mg
- Red Yeast Rice (Mevacor) 200 mg
Nialor by Arizona Pharmaceuticals (12/08)
- Crystalline Niacin 500 mg
- Standardized Milk Thistle 175 mg
- Sugar Cane Policosanol 6 mg
- Policosanol 30 mg
(reduced LDL cholesterol between 21.1% and 31.8% during an 8-week period)
- Niacin as Inositol Hexaniacinate 500 mg
- Fish oils -- EPA and DHA (250 mg each)
- Guggulsterones 100 mg
(reduction of total cholesterol by 15%-25% and triglycerides by 22%-30%)
- Plant Phytosterol -- Beta-Sitosterol 400 mg
- Chromium 100 mg
- Garlic Extract 30 mg
CholesTrak Test Kit ($22/2 tests) (12/08)
Top of Page
Bone Spurs @ abchomeopathy.com
- Take Cal. Fluor-6X + Silicea-12X
- Four tablets each
- Four times daily, till symptoms are relieved
- Hekla lava -- using 3X or 6X of the remedy
3X twice a day for 14 days, then STOP and check results after 23 weeks
- For spurs, definitely Hekla Lava in low potency with Calc Fl in medium potency
to restore bone surface
- Calc Fluor 6X, 3 pellets, two times a day
Bone Spurs @ elixirs.com
- Hekla Lava is a remarkable support remedy for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs
- Hekla Lava provides relief of bone pain, hairline fractures, heel pain, toothache, etc
- Suggested dose is 3 pellets 3 times a day with less frequency as improvement is made
Bone Spur (Osteophyte) @ ethosbodyandmindclinic.com
- Hekla lava -- for bone spur of the mouth and jawbones
- Calc Fluor
- Aurum muriaticum
- Mercury Silica
Bone Spurs @ homeopathyandmore.com
- Calcarea Fluorica (Calc Fluor) works great in 6x "cell salt" form; 3x/day for a month or so
Bone Spur and Plantar Fasciitis @ homeopathyforathletes.com
- Use Symphytum officinale 200C and Rhus toxicodendron 30 C
- Dose both as one after the other with 1 hours between
- Dose 2 times daily (morning and evening) until symptoms improve
- Arnica -- for pain and inflammaiton
- Aranea Diadema (Papal-Cross Spider) -- helps to dissolve the bone spur
- Calcarea Fluorica 30C Remedy and Calc Fluor 6X Cell Salts
- Helps to relieve the pain and dissolve the bone spur
- Both can be taken
- Cell Salts Dosing:
- Take as 5 pills dry in the morning on waking, followed by a sip of water
- Dissolve 5 pills in water that is sipped during the day
- Before bed, take 5 pills dry, followed by a sip of water
- Causticum -- for cramping of the foot
- Cell Salts for Bone or Heel Spurs
- Take Cal Fluor 6X and Silicea 12X
- Use four tablets each when dosing
- To dose, just dissolve 4 pills of the Calc Fluor 6X and Silicea 12X under the tongue
- Keep cell salts dosing 15 minutes away from food or drink
- Dose daily for 4 times per day until the symptoms go away
- Hekla lava -- helps dissolve the bone spurs
- Hypericum -- shooting pain
- Ledum palustre -- pain in area that is cold to the touch, not the person
- Rhus Toxicodenderon -- pain is better with warm, gentle pressure and massage
- Ruta graveleons -- pain in feet, worse from walking, lame feeling; over strained muscles
Homeopathic Help for Broken Bones @ homeopathyworks.com
- Hypericum -- for crushing injuries (fingers and toes) that are well-supplied with nerves
- Ruta graveolens -- for bone-bruises and injuries to the periosteum (covering of the bones);
helps when the person feels lame or weak
- Symphytum officinale -- accelerates callous formation (bone repair);
can relieve the pain of a break; the pre-eminient "bone-knit" remedy
Top 7 Homeopathic Medicines for Calcaneal Spur and Heel Pain @ drhomeo.com
- Calcaneal Spur
- It is a sharp, pointed, horny outgrowth on the calcaneal bone of the heel
- It is the build-up of calcium deposit on the heel bone
- It is caused by repeated stress on the heels, which leads to damage of muscle,
ligaments and fascia that cover the heel bone
- Calcarea Fluor 30 -- first choice for Calcaneal Spur
- Ammonium Mur 30 -- helps to decrease the pain and dissolve the spur;
helps with pain in the morning
- Rhus Tox 200 -- best remedy for pain on standing; helps to repair the muscles
and ligaments covering the heel bone; helps to dissolve the spur
- Aranea Diadema 30 -- releaves digging and boring type of pains in the heel
- Aurum Met 30 -- get rid of night pain in the heel
- Mezereum 30 -- helps pain that worsens by touching
- Ruta Graveolens 30 -- best for pain in the heel that extends into the Tendo Achilles
Top of Page
Fibroadenoma @ mayoclinic.org
- Fibroadenomas are solid breast lumps
- They may feel firm, smooth, rubbery or hard
- They have a well-defined shape, and are usually painless
- They might feel like a marble in your breast, moving easily under the skin
- They vary in size, and can enlarge/shrink on thier own
- You can have one/many fibroadenomas in one or both breasts
Diagnosis and Treatment @ abchomeopathy.com
- Phytolacca-200 -- 6 pills twice a day
- Carcinocinum-1m -- 6 pills on every Sunday at bed time
- Take treatment for 15 days, and then give feedback
Conium Maculatum 1M -- one dose; then wait 14 days; take another dose if needed
- Three pellets dissolved under the tongue (empty stomach and clean mouth)
Hard Movable Lump in Breast
- Conium Maculatum 200 weekly for one month
- Phytollaca 30 -- one dose daily in the evening for 15 days; 7 day gap; repeat for 3 months
- Conium 6C taken twice daily in a wet dose
Remedy for Disolving a Breast Tumor
- Phytolyca 30
- Conium 30
- Calc Flour 30
- 4-5 drops in a spoon of water three times a day
- Thiosinaminum 200; one dose daily for 15 days only
Breast Cyst in 60-year old woman
- Phytolacca 6 -- 5 drops x 1/2 cup water x 7 days
- Conium Mac 6 -- 5 drops x 1/2 cup water x 7 days
- Take Phytolacca for a week, and see if there is any improvement
- If there is improvement, stick with it
- If no improvement, then try Conium and see if there is an improvement
- Then stick to the remedy which suits you the best
- One dose of calc carb 1M
- Continue the coninum mac 30c thrice in a day ... for a month
- Conium doesnt need repetition ... a single dose of conium 200c or 1m would start
dissolving the fibroadenoma if its the indicated remedy.
Cysts in Breasts
- Take conium 30 twice daily for 7 days then weekly dose for one month
- cal flour 12x 4 tabs thrice daily for one month
Homeopathy Cures Fibroadenoma @ dailypioneer.com
- Phytolacca, Conium, Silicea, Carbo-animalis, Sulph
Treatment of Fibroadenoma with Homeopathy @ allenhomeopathy.com (good article)
- Calcarea carbonia -- breasts are hot and swollen
- Calcarea fluorica -- lump is hard, movable with clear margins, solitary
- Conium maculatum -- glands are hard and sore; burning and stinging pains
- Baryta carbonica -- inflammation, induration and enlargement
- Hydrastis Canadensis -- indurated glands; fat necrosis is probably post-traumatic
- Iodium -- mucous membranes of the glands and breast tissue are inflamed
- Lapis albus -- rememdy for the glands of the mammary region
Top 6 Homeopathic Medicines for Fibroadenoma @ drhomeo.com
- Calcarea Fluor -- nodes that are hard as a stone
- Conium -- nodes in the mammary glands
- Phytolacca -- breast is extremely sensitive, hard and painful; enlarged lymphs
- Graphites -- tumors that arise from old scars in the breast
- Scrophularia Nodosa -- dissolve tumors, lumps, nodes, or indurations in breasts
(normally used in tincture form; absolutely safe with no side effects)
- Plusatilla -- nodes which accompany menstral irregularities
Fibroadenoma of Breast @ welcomecure.com
- Calcarea Fluorica -- for lumps which are hard, solitary, movable, and well-defined
- Calcarea Carbonica -- for lumps which are hard, nodular and tender to the touch
- Iodum -- effective remedy for all kinds of breast lumps
- Bovista -- for tumors with stitching pain from breast to underarms
Top of Page
- Antibiotics and Hearing Loss
Can Antibiotics Cause Hearing Loss @ healthyhearing.com
- Certain class of widely used antibiotics called aminoglycosides causes hearing loss.
- An ototoxic medication is one that has the side effect of damage to the cochlea
or auditory nerve, and possibly the vestibular (balance) system.
- "Currently, it's accepted that the price that some patients have to pay for
surviving a life-threatening bacterial infection is the loss of their ability to
hear," said Peter Steyger, lead author of the study and professor of otolaryngology,
head and neck surgery at OHSU.
- Anywhere from 20 to 60 percent of adults who are given aminoglycosides
experience some degree of hearing loss, from mild to severe.
Medicines that Cause Hearing Loss @ webmd.com
- Medicines that damage the ear and cause hearing loss are known as ototoxic
medicines. They are a common cause of hearing loss, especially in older adults
who have to take medicine on a regular basis. In most cases, hearing loss occurs
because the medicine damages the cochlea in the inner ear.
- Hearing loss caused by an ototoxic medicine tends to develop quickly. The
first symptoms usually are ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and vertigo.
- Commonly used medicines that may cause hearing loss include:
- Aspirin, when large doses (8 to 12 pills a day) are taken.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Certain antibiotics, especially aminoglycosides (such as gentamicin,
streptomycin, and neomycin). Hearing-related side effects from these antibiotics
are most common in people who have kidney disease or who already have ear or
- Loop diuretics used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.
- Medicines used to treat cancer, including cyclophosphamide, cisplatin, and
- Smoking and Hearing Loss
Cigarette Smoking and Hearing Loss @ hear-it.org
- Smokers are nearly 70% more likely than non-smokers to suffer hearing loss,
according to a study including more than 3,000 people.
- The risk of hearing impairment often increases with the number of cigarettes smoked.
- In many cases, hearing problems increase proportionately with the intensity
and duration of exposure to cigarette smoke.
Effects of Smoking on Auditory System @ audiologyonline.com
- Conductive hearing loss was most prevalent in all subject groups
(age range 20-68 years of smokers).
- Overall, 6.1% of current and past smokers experienced conductive hearing loss
of at least a mild degree (>30 dB across the 0.25-8 kHz range).
- Smokers were also twice more likely to experience a mild sensorineural
hearing loss (>25 dB either in the low or high frequencies) compared to nonsmokers.
- The effects of pack years and aging were multiplicative.
- Smoking, age, and noise exposure together pose a greater risk for hearing loss
than each factor alone.
Smoking Your Ears, the Impact of Cigarettes on Hearing Loss @ audicus.com
- The prevalence of hearing loss among smokers is directly related to the number
of smoking years.
- First, the nicotine and carbon monoxide that result from smoking tighten your
blood vessels, including the ones in your ears. This restricts the blood flow and
thus the life-giving oxygen in the inner ear.
- Secondly, nicotine can affect the chemical messengers (or neurotransmitters)
in the auditory nerve.
- Thirdly, smoking unleashes free radicals in our bodies.
- Ear Candling
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
- Glue Ear
Glue Ear @ patient.info (good pictures)
- Auto-inflation puts back pressure into the nost, and may help to open the
Eustachian tube and allow better drainage of the fluid. This needs to be done
regularly until the fluid clears. You can get an auto-inflation kit called Otovent.
Discussion of Adult Glue Ear @ patient.info
"Yesterday I went to the doc and he tested my ears with a musical tuning fork.
I could barely hear it with my deaf ear and could mostly hear it with my "good"
ear. Then he put the tuning fork in the centre of my forehead and I could hear it
clear as a bell with my deaf ear ( first thing I had heard in weeks) and could
barely hear it with my "good" ear. Within seconds I was swallowing yucky stuff.
My ears continued to drain for 8 hours with 2 major mouthfulls and 2 very
significant dizzy spells."
Weber Test @ wikipedia.org
Five Tuning Forks in a case @ amazon.com ($9.99 + free shipping)
- Hearing Loss
- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSHL)
"Sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL) is also known as sudden deafness.
It occurs when you lose your hearing very quickly, typically only in one ear. It
can happen instantly or over a span of several days. During this time, sound
gradually becomes muffled or faint. There are about 4,000 cases of SSHL
diagnosed every year in the United States. The condition most commonly
affects people between ages 30 and 60. Sudden hearing loss is sometimes
preceded by a loud popping sound. Other symptoms include dizziness, balance
problems, etc. Steroids are the most common treatment. They can reduce
inflammation and swelling. Your doctor may also prescribe antibiotics if an
infection is the cause of your SSHL. Audiometry tests can check your hearing
more thoroughly and precisely. An MRI scan may also be ordered to look for
any abnormalities in your ear, such as tumors or cysts. MRI takes detailed
pictures of your brain and inner ear, which can help your doctor find the
underlying cause of SSHL."
- Homeopathic Remedies
Hearing Loss @ abchomeopathy.com
- Hearing Loss in the "Materia Medica":
- Spigelia Anthelmia, Belladonna, Petroleum, Gelsemium Sempervirens,
Zincum Metallicum, Kali Nitricum, Carlsbad, Sarracenia, Carbo Vegetabilis,
Stramonium, Antomonium Crudum, Raphanus
- Comments in the forum for "sudden hearing loss":
- Belladonna can help with anything that "suddenly" happens above the thyroid
- Kali Mur and Kali Phos may help
- Try Hep Sul, Lycopod & Sulphur
- Try Phosphrus 30
- Take Phosphorus-200, 6 pills twice a day; Kali Mur-12X, 3 tablets twice a day;
keep 30-40 minutes gap between (1) and (2)
- Sudden :- Plb.
- Painless, at night, with constant roaring and cracking in ears :- Elaps.
- Of right, after taking cold :- Elaps.
- After a faint :- Sil.
- With roaring and humming :- Nicc.
- Temporary :- Gels
- Kali mur 6x and Kali phos 6x, five tabs of each three times a day
- Agaricus 200c (4 PILLS 3 times a day for 7 days) & R 26 (15 drops 3 times
a day with 2 tsp water)
Hearing Loss - Homeopathic Treatment @ welcomecure.com
- Pain; intolerance to sounds; hear humming, roaring and ringing;
hear's one's own voice in ears
- Noises (roaring or buzzing) in the ear; pulsating sensation with congestion;
tendency to periodic deafness
- Hepar Sulphuricum
- Paunful ear aches, whizzing, throbbing and roaring sounds in the ears
- Kali Muriaticum
- Used when the Eustacian tube is blocked
Homeopathic Remedies for Hearing Loss @ drhomeo.com
- Best Homeopathic remedy for hearing loss due to middle ear infections
- Great help for all those persons with hearing loss who have thick ear
discharges due to ear infections
- Chininum Sulph
- Best Homeopathic medicine for hearing loss due to Meniere’s Disease
- Very beneficial natural Homeopathic remedy for majority of cases of hearing
loss with a violent form of noises in ear
- Chininum Sulph also proves to be a very effective medicine for tinnitus
- Agraphis Nutans
- Homeopathic medicine for hearing loss with enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Agraphis Nutans reduces the unnatural enlargement of glands, thereby
- Homeopathic remedy for hearing loss after auditory nerve weakness
- For someone who shows decreased power of hearing the voice of human beings,
but shows increased sensitivity to other sounds like that of moving vehicles
- Verbascum Thapsus
- Homeopathic treatment of deafness with extreme dryness of ear meatus
- Hepar Sulph
- Second among the top Homeopathic medicines for hearing loss due to
middle ear infection
- Elaps and Silicea
- Homeopathic Remedies for hearing loss due to wax in ear
- Natrum Salicylicum can be used when all the three features of Meniere’s Disease
— deafness, vertigo and tinnitus — are the presenting symptoms.
- Baryta Carb
- It is also a good natural remedy for diminished hearing from enlarged tonsils
- Baryta Carb is frequently called for hearing loss in elderly people
- Kali Phos is of great help in furnishing the required power to auditory nerve
for its proper functioning
- Both Arnica and Hypericum are very beneficial natural Homeopathic remedies for
hearing loss in cases where hearing was lost following injury or trauma. Arnica
mostly covers the hearing loss after blunt injuries. The hearing loss after being
hit with a hand or fist can be best treated with Arnica. Hypericum is a very
beneficial Homeopathic medicine for injury of nerve origin.
8 Best Homeopathic Medicines for Moles @ drhomeo.com
- Thuja, Pulsatilla and Sulphur are among the most highly recommended Homeopathic
medicines for moles.
- Thuja Occidentalis is Northern White Cedar or Eastern Arbor Vitae.
- It works best on moles that appear on the covered parts of the body.
- It is used locally, for warts and excrescences, tincture, or cerate.
- Dirty skin, birthmarks and moles of brown colour are best treated with
Homeopathic medicine Thuja.
- Thuja can be used on skin tags, moles, and warts.
- Pulsatilla Pratensis is Wind Flower.
- It is the most effective Homeopathic medicines for moles, especially in
young girls, which are pale in colour and itch severely.
- For smooth, moist, brown coloured moles, accompanied by very unhealthy skin,
Sulphur is the best Homeopathic medicine to prescribe.
- Thuja and Fluoricum Acidum are the most recommended Homeopathic medicines for
moles categorized as common acquired moles.
- Cundurango is very effective for birthmarks which are especially smooth to touch.
It is a great remedy for treating melanoma.
- Sulphur is indicated for moist, brown coloured congenital moles.
- Carbo Vegetabilis shows remarkable results on birthmarks, especially spidery nevi,
where the skin is moist.
- Platina is useful for moles of the spidery nevi type accompanied by pricking pain
which provokes scratching.
- Bluish spots, particularly on the chest and lower abdomen, are treated with
- Calcarea Carbonica is a great medicine for red, glistening moles which turn bluish
with extreme coldness of the skin.
Best Mole Removal Cream @ onlywomenstuff.com
Boiron Thuja Occidentalis 200CK @ amazon.com ($9.12; 1 tube of 80 pellets)
H-moles Mole Removal @ amoils.com
- 11 ml size is $32.95; 33 ml size is $69.95 (with free shipping over $49)
- Active Ingredients:
Calendula officinalis 12C, Phytolacca decandra 12C, Thuja occidentalis 12C
- Save 15%: use coupon STAR
- First-time customer can get a $10-off coupon by supplying their email address
Healthful Naturals Mole Remover @ walmart.com ($14.72; 15 ml)
- Reviews at amazon.com are bad
Thuja Homeopathic Cream @ amazon.com ($5.40 + free shipping on order over $25)
Tag Away Skin Tag Remover @ walmart.com ($9.88; in pharmacy section)
- I found this in the pharmacy section, near the Band-aids.
- This appears to have Thuja Occidentalis 6X
created by Bonnie Lee Hill,
last modified on March 8, 2018