- Sources for dessicated adrenal tissue
- Apple Pectin
- Sources for Apple Pectin
Apple Pectin, 500 mg, 100 caps @ vitacost.com ($5.50)
Apple Pectin, 500 mg, 300 tablets @ vitaminshoppe.com ($14.99)
NOW Apple Pectin, 700 mg, 120 capsules @ netrition.com ($7.99)
NOW Apple Pectin, 700 mg, 120 capsules @ bodybuilding.com ($8.26)
NOW Apple Pectin, 700 mg, 120 capsules @ bodybuilding.com (3 bottles @ $22.78)
- Forskolin (Coleus forskohlii)
Forskolin @ wikipedia.org
- Resensitizes cell receptors
- Is a vasodilator
- Is effective as a weight loss aid
- May be helpful in controlling the underlying cause of glaucoma
- Sometimes successful in reducing intraocular pressure
- Reduces urinary tract infections
- Promotes nerve repair
Forskolin @ raysahelian.com
- Sources of Forskolin
- Irgingia Gabonensis (African mango)
Herbs for leptin resistance
- Irvingia Gabonensis (African mango)
- Oleanolic Acid
- Modifilan (seaweed extract)
- Panax Notoginseng
- YerbaX (green tea extract and Yerba Mate extract)
Herbs for weight loss (BioTRUST)
- Cinnamomum Burmannii (increases glucose metabolism)
- Berberine (increases carb uptake by lean muscle for energy, not fat)
- Pterocarpus Marsupium (reduce blood sugar levels)
- 4-hydroxyisoleucine (decrease carbohydrate fat storage; extracted from Fenugreek)
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (increase insulin sensitivity)
- Bromide Dominance Theory
- Iodine Information
- Sources for Iodoral
- Castor Oil
Progesterone and Thyroid @ allonhealth.com (01/09)
- Low progesterone is often misdiagnosed as thyroid deficiency.
- Too little thyroid production may cause increased prolactin levels and persistent estrogen
- Estrogen inhibits the release of thyroid hormone from the gland, whereas an adequate amount
of thyroid hormone raises natural progesterone production and lowers estrogen.
- Thyroid and progesterone can complement each other.
- Patients taking progesterone can reduce/discontinue thyroid supplementation.
- Estrogen dominance interferes with, or inhibits, thyroid hormone activity.
- Progesterone facilitates thyroid hormone activity.
- Estrogen instructs the body to store calorie intake as fat tissue, whereas thyroid increases
the body's ability to metabolize fat for energy.
- Both progesterone and thyroid promote energy production and raise body temperature.
- Even small amounts of radiation can permanently destroy the thyroid gland.
Progesterone and Thyroid @ infertilityworkshop.com (01/09)
Progesterone Helps the Thyroid Hormone Work @ yourlifesource.com (01/09)
Progesterone @ tidesoflife.com (01/09)
- When progesterone is deficient, there tends to be hypoglycemia, often combined with obesity.
- Progesterone prevents stress-induced coronary blood vessel spasms in aged hearts.
- Progesterone has a role in regeneration of damaged brain cells and prolonged growth of the brain.
- Many types of tumors have been prevented and helped with progesterone.
- Since progesterone normalizes the immune system (it causes thymus regeneration), it is very
effective in autoimmune diseases, and in those degenerative disease which have an autoimmune
- Both progesterone and thyroid hormone can be considered primary regulatory hormones.
- Both regulate metabolism directly, and have a normalizing action on the pituitary gland.
- Estrogen diminishes liver glycogen storage, while progesterone increases both blood sugar
and liver glycogen.
- Estrogen is a promoter of insulin release and action, lowering blood sugar and promoting fat
- Anesthesia (or drunkenness) from a very large progesterone overdose is the only negative side
effective reported in the literature.
- Low levels of progesterone are related to migraines and epilepsy
Progesterone is Critical During Menopause @ ezinearticles.com (01/09)
Progesterone @ holisticonline.com (01/09)
- Is a precursor for other sex hormones, including estrogen and testesterone
- Helps thyroid hormone action
- Has a thermogenic (temperature-raising) effect
- Helps us use fat for energy
Progesterone @ raysahelian.com (01/09)
- DHEA does not convert into progesterone; it converts into estrogen and testosterone.
- Symptoms of excess estrogen are hot flashes, sleeplessness, heart palpitations, fatigue, depression,
and propensity to low blood sugar.
Progesterone & Menopause @ sheld.com (01/09)
Role of Progesterone in Menopause @ holisticonline.com (01/09)
- During menopause, women produce 40-60% of their estrogen, but progesterone production often
drops lower than men after menopause.
- The ratio between estrogen and progesterone is critical for homeostasis.
- Menopausal symptions and heart disease may be due to the relative excess of estrogen over
- Natural Progesterone has no known side effects. It has been helpful in alleviating hot flashes.
- Progesterone deficiency is marked by breast tenderness, decreased sex drive, depression, bloating,
weight gain, headaches, and foggy thinking.
- The best treatment is a low-dose natural progesterone cream for the last two weeks of the cycle.
The progesterone is absorbed in the subcutaneous fat, and then released into the bloodstream.
Hormone Imbalance @ safemenopausesolutions.com (01/09)
- Once ovulation ceases at menopause, progesterone levels fall to virtually zero. At the same time,
estrogen is still being produced, leading to hormone imbalance and the resulting symptoms.
- Progesterone is the hormone that helps the thyroid have normal activity
Hypothyroidism @ umm.edu
- The pituitary gland produces TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone)
- TSH helps control how much T3 and T4 the thyroid makes
- Avoid food that interfer with thyroid function -- brocccoli, cabbage, crussels sprouts, cauliflower,
soybeans, peanuts, etc
- Soy products interfer with the thyroid hormone
- Iron supplements may interfere iwth the absorption of thyroid medication
- Herbs for treating hypothyroidism
- Coleus (Coleus forskohlii, 50-100 mg, 2-3 times a day)
- Guggul (Commiphore mukul, 250-500 mg, 3 times a day)
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus, 600 mg, 1-3 times a day, contains iodine)
The Desiccated Thyroid Hormone Mess @ drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com (written in 2009)
Dr. Mark Starr @ youtube.com (great video)
Thyroid Madness Definitions @ energeticbalancing.us
- Porcine thyroid powder
- One grain is 60 mg, and contains 38 mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3, plus unmeasured amounts of T2, T1, and calcitonin
- Nutri-Meds Porcine is FAR weaker than other brands
- Real Thyroid Help
Gail's Thyroid Tips (great information)
Hypothroidism Type 2 @ 21centrymed.com
Stop The Thyroid Madness
Thyroid Difficulties ... and the US Government @ John's Corner of the World
Thyroid @ wikipedia.org (08/12)
- Difference between natural and synthetic thyroid supplements (01/09)
- Natural thyroid products are made from animal thyroid glands, and contain T3 and T4.
- Synthetic thyroid (Synthroid, Levoxyl, or Levothyriod) is a version of T4 called levothyroxine.
Thyroid Handbook @ t-nation.com
High Dose 3,5,-Diiodo-L-Thyronine (T2) has similar side effects to regular thyroid hormones
T2 The Best Thyroid Supplements @ mindandmuscle.net (good article)
T2, T3, T4, Great Thyroid Article @ elitefitness.com
- One study found that T2 exerts 1/13 of the effect of T3 on TSH levels
- Another study found that 100 times more T2 than T3 was required to exert the same degree of TSH inhibition
- Even when using 400 times more T2 than T3, the TSH inhibition effects were approximately equal
- 3,5 T2 is about 70-80% as suppressive as T3; 3,3 T2 shows minimal thyroid suppression, if any
3,5'-T2 is more active than 3,3-T2
Thyroid Hormonelike Actions of 3,3',5'-T2 and 3,3'-T2 @ jci.org
PES Shift Thread @ bodybuilding.com
- Sources for Thyroid T2
- BioCor Thyro-T2
- I-Prevasil T2 Rise Non-Stim
created by Bonnie Lee Hill,
last modified on May 5, 2022